Friday, July 10, 2015

A Five Minute Sermon

A worship leader once remarked to pastor JD Greear that a good song is like a sermon that people remember. Being the one preaching the sermons, Greear didn't initially appreciate the remark. Upon further reflection, however, he realized the truth of the man's statement.  Songs are incredibly memorable, and they speak to our hearts in a way that even the best sermon often does not. 

Here's one of the "five minute sermons" I've been preaching to myself over the past year. My sister-in-law sent it to me just before I left for Bangkok, Thailand and I still remember singing it as we first learned of James's cancer diagnosis.  (And yes, if you must know, that was me singing it out loud on the escalators in front of the other patients.)

Enjoy. Find good sermons to preach to yourself. And try not to be distracted by feeling you are maybe watching an unedited commercial for laundry detergent.


No comments:

Post a Comment