Tuesday, November 24, 2015

what I'm doing for advent

Greetings from the chemo ward, people! Here's some happy for your day - my friend Kari over at Stone Soup For Five has just released her latest study, The Promises. It's a study of the Old Testament prophecies and their fulfillment in Jesus. 

As Kari's editor and chief cheerleader for this project, I will unashamedly say that you should consider joining in for December. Each day's study includes verses from the Old and New Testaments to study, a brief explanation/study notes/thoughtful quotes to ponder, a daily Christmas challenge (dos and dont's for a more meaningful, less stressed holiday), and a doodle page to color. You can even print off extra coloring pages for your kids. It will be both meaningful and fun...a peaceful, relaxing, worshipful way to enjoy the season. (And seriously, some of these pictures are just inspired.)

As she and I collaborated on this, and as the study took shape, I was amazed at the richness that developed as we moved through the prophecies....from a vague notion of Snake-Crusher, to Messiah, to Suffering Servant...to the risen, exalted, reigning King. He is worthy of our worship, and only when we receive Him as He has fully revealed Himself - not only as a baby in the manger, but as crucified Savior, as reigning Prince of Peace - can we truly worship. I can't wait for December 1st so I can dive in (without editing this time!). I'd be so glad to know you joined in...

Stone Soup for Five Advent Study

No comments:

Post a Comment